Thursday, December 15, 2011

First Picture with Santa!

So Mommy FINALLY got to take you to take pictures with Santa! I really regret not having taken you since you were born. It would have been nice to have all the keepsake photos. Oh well.... we can start from this year out!

Mommy was really excited, but nervous. I was hoping that since you already met Santa a few days before at PDS.... and with all the Christmas/Santa preparation.... you'd be calm cool and collected for the occasion. I prepped you as much as possible.

I chose the Santa a The Village at Fairview shopping mall because I think he's the best looking of the local Santas. This Santa is pretty famous. Supposedly, he used to be the Coca Cola print ad Santa. Anyhow, this year, Santa was located at the mall's a Real Bookstore. They have a really good system set up that allowed us to "get in line" for our pictures ON-LINE! (love technology!). It continually texts you as you progress through the line. All you have to do is show up within 30 minutes of your official picture time. This seriously saved us HOURS! 

We arrived at the bookstore and you stopped to drop off your letter to Santa.

Once we got inside, we still had a wait a little bit until it was our turn, so you decided to explore the store. You went everywhere... from the kid's area to the coffee shop:
We finally got THE text to tell us to REALLY get into THE LINE!
We followed the snowflakes... and boy, the line still seemed pretty long!
especially because we were at the end! LOL!
as we got closer and closer... Mommy got more more and more anxious. i continued to prep you by telling you how cool Santa was, and how fun it will be to meet him and sit in his lap. When it was finally our turn, i could suddenly feel your anxiety about the whole event. You started to panic and clung to me tighter and tighter. I didn't quite know what to do.... so I just threw you on Santa's lap.
and here was the result:
As much as I would have liked for the picture to be of you sitting sweetly on Santa's lap, smiling.
i must admit.... i L~O~V~E this picture!!!!!! hahahahaaahah!! 
I think every child should have a keepsake picture like this for their memory books!

we tried a few more minutes, hoping you would calm down, but that did not happen. So Santa suggested we all get in for a family photo. Mommy was definitely not prepared for being in pictures that day! 
Oh well. You calmed down immediately when you were back in my arms and lap:
as soon as we were finished and we started to walk away, 
you waved back at Santa and said "Bye Santa!" 
you're such a little stinker!!!!! =P~~~~

I can't wait to see how next year's picture with Santa turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment