Logan, Mommy went to Whistler, Canada for Auntie Edrean's wedding:
I was SO very excited because 1) Auntie Edrean was getting married.... DUH!! 2) it was my first time going to Whistler and 3) I was going to snowboard, which I haven't done since before Mommy & Daddy got married 8+ yrs ago!! Unfortunately, you and daddy did not get to go... I'm sorry. Tickets were just so expensive, and Daddy does not like cold climates anyways. I will take you one day, I promise! We actually flew into Vancouver (YVR) and rented a minivan & drove to Whistler - Mommy's 1st experience getting a Toyota Sienna for a rental. I kept forgetting we were not in the USA anymore, LOL! (all rentals in the US are "American" cars = we almost always end up w/ a Dodge Caravan)
we had big plans to see little bit of Vancouver and eat a late lunch, but after driving around getting lost, we called it quits and decided to drive up to Whistler early, which was a long 3+ hr drive away. But it was a fun little "road trip". Uncle Kuo, Aunties Nin, Pooh, Om and KimH were all with me. It was late afternoon by the time we arrived in Whistler. We arrived at the condo we rented, dropped of luggage, went to pick up lift tickets and snowboard rentals, grab a late quick sushi dinner, and shop for groceries.
(view of the Fairmont Chateau Whistler golf course from our condo windows)
we started our 1st official day in Whistler bright eyed and bushy tailed, ready to hit the slopes!
(the 2010 Winter Olympics were held on the Whistler & Blackcomb mountains!)
Auntie Pooh lost her phone on the 1st run, with too many falls, LOL!
we let Uncle Kuo and Auntie Nin board ahead without us, thinking we'd meet up again for lunch.
so we the 3 muskateers CRAZILY decided to take the "Peak Express" lift all the way to the TOP of Whistler mountain. We actually did not realize where this lift was taking us. Nor did we realize that most of all the slopes around it were double black diamonds..... OMG!!! Live & Learn... but definitely one item checked off our bucket lists! The sculpture known as "llanaaq" was the mascot logo for the 2010 Winter Olympics!
Those double black diamonds almost killed us! Auntie Pooh barely made it down the mountain. I offered to call ski patrol for her... but he refused. LOL. so we took it slowly down w/ her. we finally made it down the village area for a late lunch (3pm). Auntie Pooh was down and out, distraught over her lost phone and just physically beaten and battered. She was DONE.
and then there were 2.... LOL! Auntie KimH and I were determined to make the MOST of our time on the slopes, so we went up for one last run. On the way up... Auntie Pooh text to report that her phone had been turned into the lost in found down in the village!!! What a relief and blessing to know that there are still good & honest people in this world! That last run was a long and difficult one.
My legs were starting to give out, my toes were icicles, and my iphone kept freezing up and shutting down!
we eventually made it down... we were literally the last people on the slopes! Ski patrol had to tell us to go ahead and take the gondola down instead of snowboarding the rest of the way. I was glad to follow orders because by that time, i was DONE myself! we had a FULL day or snowboarding... the views were amazing;
but those Whistler mountains totally kicked my butt!
OMG... check our the highlight video of their awesome day!!






No comments:
Post a Comment