Thursday, August 4, 2011

*sigh*

Today was a CRAZY BUSY and HECTIC day for us!!!!!!!

Oh Logan! =(

You woke up this morning crying, grabbing at your left foot and saying "OWIE! OWIE!"
when mommy put you down to walk, you were wincing and limping!!!! It was so heartbreaking. My first thoughts were that you must have fallen and twisted your angle at school?? but you were fine last night!

But... you HAD started coughing over the weekend, and your diarrhea was starting up again and low grade fever.............

so........ Mommy has been considering switching your Pediatrician for a while now. Dr. Thai just.... wasn't cutting it. They are always so rushed, always end up w/ appts w/ Nurse Michelle instead, and i felt you were misdiagnosed a few times... and the last straw was when they forgot about your stool sample and didn't send it out until 4 days later, when i reminded them and didn't fess up to it until I called them out on it!!! *sigh*

so..... Mommy went w/ a referral of Dr. Naomi Piga at PIGA Primary Care Associates. And what a small world, that when Dr. Naomi opened the door to see us, we both looked at each other like "don't i know you from somewhere??" turns out we went to college together at UTD. We have mutual friends. so funny. I really liked Dr. Naomi. I felt she was very knowledgable, thorough and informative. You had a ROUGH DAY though.....

- you threw up when she swabbed you for strep - negative! yay! :)
- you were finger pricked to be tested for Anemia - slightly positive, boo!!! :(
- you had to get 3 tubes of blood drawn! - OMG... BOOOOOOOOO!!!! it was just awful having to watch you go through that. just awful
- we have to get another stool sample. this one needs to be frozen! it will test for C. Difficile.

So........ Dr. Naomi suspects you really might have C. Difficile in toddlers. And she says that sometimes these infections can cause inflamation in joints, thus causing your limp. She thinks u are limping from your hip rather than your foot. She said, at your age, you are not able to localize the pain, so u just associate to your foot not working.

She recommended no school until all results are back next week and just just give you ibuprofen for the inflammation.

the ibuprofen seems to really work.

i really hope this is noting serious. we will need to keep praying that you finally get all this sickness out of ur system!!!

****
On a brighter note......... it looks like Mommy might be getting a promotion at work! I really can't believe it might happen! But the hiring manager already called Mommy's boss to see if I am releasable for a new job. My current boss called and talked to me about it today! Mommy is soooooooo nervous, excited and feeling really really guilty. I've only been in this current job for a little over 6mos! I moved into this job from when i was surplussed from the GNO Network Management Center in Dec 2010. My current position is IOF Capacity Management, and I really do like it. The only reason I am even interested in this new job is because 1) it's a promotion 2) i would not have any direct reports 3) and it really does seem like a good/interesting job. Mommy will have to travel a little bit though. I hate the thought of being away from you, but you are older now... and much more independent. and the hiring manager assures me travel is minimal = 2-3 times a year.

Mommy's current boss is a little disappointed about the situation, but he said he would not hold me back since it's a promotion. Nothing is definite yet. So we will just have to wait and see.

here's a picture of you & Dr. Naomi


***********
on ANOTHER good note.... Mommy bought you a new BIG BOY bed!!!!!!!!!! I love that we are co-sleepers, but everybody keeps telling mommy that it's best for you to sleep in your own room. =\ we will see............ why does everybody want you to grow up so fast???? *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment